- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Budapest, 2nd Edition
Conveniently situated on the square next to the Szent István Basilica, Negro (pronounce "neh-grow") is a sleek black and metal upscale cocktail bar with funky orange ceiling lamps. There's plenty of outdoor seating in the warmer months, so you can gaze at the basilica while drinking away. The bar's name, by the way, appears to derive from a popular type of Hungarian cough drop with packaging that features a chimney sweep covered in soot (i.e., it's not racist in the Hungarian context).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more