- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Danubius Health Resort Spa Margitsziget
At a Glance
- the chance to experience a traditional European spa even with a tight budget
- decent amenities
- homely rooms (opt for a still-homely but much-more-homey suite)
Danubius Health Resort Spa Margitsziget Review
Bubbling up from ancient thermal springs, curative waters fill the pools of this established spa hotel on the island's northern end. Every guest room has a balcony, where you can sit and watch the sun set or rise. Buda-facing (sunset) rooms have the nicest views. The shining, spacious lobby and contemporary guest rooms come as a pleasant surprise given the hotel's homely, Iron Curtain cement-block exterior. Rates include the use of spa facilities, which are comprehensive: a fitness center, thermal baths, swimming pools, several types of sauna, a salt cave, a solarium, and host of wellness and beauty treatments.
- Address: District XIII, Margit-sziget, Margaret Island, Budapest, H-1138 | Map It
- Phone: 1/889–4700
- Website: www.danubiusgroup.com
- Metro Bus 26 to northern end of Margaret Island.
- Location: Margaret Island
- 267 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
As promised I'm making a start on this overdue TR. Read more
Feeling so guilty, I haven't even started a TR. Read more
I'll be taking a solo 6 day trip in March from Budapest (2 nights), Vienna via Bratislava (2 nights) and Munich (2 nights). Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more