- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Danubius Health Resort Spa Margitsziget
At a Glance
- the chance to experience a traditional European spa even with a tight budget
- decent amenities
- homely rooms (opt for a still-homely but much-more-homey suite)
Check Rates from our Partners
Danubius Health Resort Spa Margitsziget Review
Bubbling up from ancient thermal springs, curative waters fill the pools of this established spa hotel on the island's northern end. Every guest room has a balcony, where you can sit and watch the sun set or rise. Buda-facing (sunset) rooms have the nicest views. The shining, spacious lobby and contemporary guest rooms come as a pleasant surprise given the hotel's homely, Iron Curtain cement-block exterior. Rates include the use of spa facilities, which are comprehensive: a fitness center, thermal baths, swimming pools, several types of sauna, a salt cave, a solarium, and host of wellness and beauty treatments.
- Address: District XIII, Margit-sziget, Margaret Island, Budapest, H-1138 | Map It
- Phone: 1/889-4700
- Website: www.danubiusgroup.com
- Metro Bus 26 to northern end of Margaret Island.
- Location: Margaret Island
- 267 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Budapest on Sale! Flights to Budapest From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save at 4-Star BEST WESTERN Hungaria: $75 & Up in May Save with Expedia, $21/night less
- Look no Further! Budapest Hotels Fr $134+/Nt Travelocity
- Hot Deal on a 3 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $1,053 Expedia
- Save in Budapest: Book 3 Nts in May at Amadeus Fr $61+/Nt — $61 Expedia
My husband and I are at the tail end of our 6-week trip, and he has been writing a travel blog. I thought I would post that here, and also the links to the pictures that go with each. Read more
We did a 2 weeks trip to eastern europe over the christmas period 2 years ago. Read more
I will be traveling along the coast of the Black Sea with a friend until June 30th where we'll end in Istanbul. The following 11 days I'll be on my own until starting a residency program in Budapes Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more