- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Corinthia Hotel Budapest
At a Glance
- opulent setting without a break-the-bank price
- amazing spa and spa package deals
- may be too big and too formal for some
- non-spa packages don't offer the same value for money
Check Rates from our Partners
Corinthia Hotel Budapest Review
The Corinthia first opened as the luxurious Grand Royal Hotel in time for the Magyar Millennium in 1896, and, despite being destroyed during Hungary's 1956 revolution, it's just as luxurious today. The expansive atrium lobby is full of Italian marble and wrought-iron ornamentation, and the hotel's Royal Spa—a dazzling reconstruction of a spa designed and built in the late 1880s that operated here until 1944—is replete with a swimming pool, saunas, steam room, Jacuzzis, massage salons, treatment facilities, and tropical showers.Guest rooms and suites, as well as the apartments available for long- and short-term rental, are stylish with dark woods and jewel-tone upholstery; bathrooms are all-Italian, from marble floors to gleaming fixtures.
- Address: District VII, Erzsébet körút 43–49, Around Blaha Lujza tér, Budapest, H-1073 | Map It
- Phone: 1/479–4000
- Website: www.corinthia.com
- Metro M2: Blaha Lujza tér.
- Location: Around Blaha Lujza tér
- 414 rooms, 34 suites, 26 apartments.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
As promised I'm making a start on this overdue TR. Read more
Feeling so guilty, I haven't even started a TR. Read more
I'll be taking a solo 6 day trip in March from Budapest (2 nights), Vienna via Bratislava (2 nights) and Munich (2 nights). Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more