- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- walk to sights and attractions
- attractive courtyard
- only some bathrooms have tubs
- nothing-special decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Pest Review
Echoes of true, old Pest are preserved in this refurbished 18th-century apartment building. In typical Budapest style, rooms open off an inner courtyard shared with the private building next door, where thick, green ivy spills over wrought-iron railings. Daylight filters discretely through sheer curtains and homey brown wood window frames. Decor is so basic as to be monastic, but everything is orderly and tidy, and all the bathrooms have heated towel racks. Stepping out to the street through the heavy wood door, you find yourself in the heart of inner Pest, just two blocks from the Opera House.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
Three Meals, Three Countries Part I: Storks in Austria!
Obligation-free Saturdays were a rarity for us in the US, and we often "wasted" them by running errands, tending the yard, and so forth. As the Trailing Read more
We recently completed a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise with a 3 night pre-cruise extension in Prague and a 2 night post-cruise extension in Budapest.
In Prague, we stayed at the 5* Hotel Imperial, a lovely Read more
Hey guys !
I'm a young female traveler preparing for a one month trip in eastern europe. I've been several times to Romania since I'm from there but I've always wanted to have a broader taste of that pa Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more