- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Budapest, 2nd Edition
Kalmár Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- friendly staff
- authentic ambience
- breakfast served on delicate matching porcelain
- no real amenities
- some baths only have shower stalls (no tubs)
- lots of stairs and no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Kalmár Bed & Breakfast Review
This elegant stone mansion, dating from 1900, is on the lower slopes of Gellért Hill, right behind the Hotel Gellért. The Kalmár family, who have been running the house as a B&B since 1964, bought the property's rooms and apartments, which were partitioned off during the Communist era, over time. Cheaper doubles on the ground floor are small and dark, but there are also antique-filled suites and opulent, full-scale apartments that can accommodate up to four people. Some rooms have a kitchen, others a terrace. Note that city tax isn't included in the quoted rates.
- Address: District XI, Kelenhegyi út 7–9, Gellért-hegy and Tabán, Budapest, H-1118 | Map It
- Phone: 1/372–7530; 1/271–9312 English-speaking; 06–30/271–9312
- Website: www.kalmarpension.net
- Metro Tram 18, 19, 47, 49 to Szent Gellért tér.
- Location: Gellért-hegy and Tabán
- 10 rooms, 2 suites, 1 apartment.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more