- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kalmár Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- friendly staff, authentic ambience, breakfast served on delicate matching porcelain
- no real amenities, some baths only have shower stalls (no tubs), lots of stairs and no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Kalmár Bed & Breakfast Review
This elegant stone mansion, dating from 1900, is on the lower slopes of Gellért Hill, right behind the Hotel Gellért. The Kalmár family, who have been running the house as a B&B since 1964, bought the property's rooms and apartments, which were partitioned off during the Communist era, over time. Cheaper doubles on the ground floor are small and dark, but there are also antique-filled suites and opulent, full-scale apartments that can accommodate up to four people. Some rooms have a kitchen, others a terrace. Note that city tax isn't included in the quoted rates.
- Address: District XI, Kelenhegyi út 7–9, Gellért-hegy and Tabán, Budapest, H-1118 | Map It
- Phone: 1/372–7530; 1/271–9312 English-speaking; 06-30/271-9312
- Website: www.kalmarpension.net
- Metro Tram 18, 19, 47, 49 to Szent Gellért tér.
- Location: Gellért-hegy and Tabán
- 10 rooms, 2 suites, 1 deluxe apartment.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
As promised I'm making a start on this overdue TR. Read more
Feeling so guilty, I haven't even started a TR. Read more
I'll be taking a solo 6 day trip in March from Budapest (2 nights), Vienna via Bratislava (2 nights) and Munich (2 nights). Read more
· News & Features
Even while reveling in holiday festivities, it's easy to be overtaken by the stress of finding perfec ... Read more
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological... Read more
Cruisers with a taste for dancing take note—you can compete aboard Holland America sailings to wi... Read more