- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kalmár Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- friendly staff
- authentic ambience
- breakfast served on delicate matching porcelain
- no real amenities
- some baths only have shower stalls (no tubs)
- lots of stairs and no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Kalmár Bed & Breakfast Review
This elegant stone mansion, dating from 1900, is on the lower slopes of Gellért Hill, right behind the Hotel Gellért. The Kalmár family, who have been running the house as a B&B since 1964, bought the property's rooms and apartments, which were partitioned off during the Communist era, over time. Cheaper doubles on the ground floor are small and dark, but there are also antique-filled suites and opulent, full-scale apartments that can accommodate up to four people. Some rooms have a kitchen, others a terrace. Note that city tax isn't included in the quoted rates.
- Address: District XI, Kelenhegyi út 7–9, Gellért-hegy and Tabán, Budapest, H-1118 | Map It
- Phone: 1/372–7530; 1/271–9312 English-speaking; 06–30/271–9312
- Website: www.kalmarpension.net
- Metro Tram 18, 19, 47, 49 to Szent Gellért tér.
- Location: Gellért-hegy and Tabán
- 10 rooms, 2 suites, 1 apartment.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Spring seems to have arrived early here in Central Europe, and as ex-pats in a rented house we are blissfully free from most of the usual weekend chores that kept us home in the U.S. So, no better time Read more
My husband and I are traveling from US to Eastern Europe in June by car for three weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more