Hungary Travel Guide
At the crossroads of Central Europe, Hungary has a wealth of cultural and geographic splendors on offer to visitors. Immerse yourself in beautiful, bustling Budapest with its grand old boulevards, age-old baths, and celebrated views. Take in the dramatic hills and historic towns and villages of the Danube. Soak in the sun at Central Europe's largest body of water, Lake Balaton. Dine on traditional, spicy fare at a thatchedroof csarda (inn) on the sweeping Great Plain, with its almost eerie natural splendors. Explore sumptuous smaller towns like Pecs or Eger, Sopron or Szeged, Kecskemet or Debrecen, each with an appeal all its own. And, by all means, imbibe in Hungary's world-class wine regions such as that of Tokaj.
Cities in Hungary
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to share with the community information and my experience of my trip to Hungary ( from 31 January to 3 February 2014 )
I visited: Budapest - Eger - Szentendre
To see my photo gallery click on the Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more