- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- family-run and friendly
- near Olympus for winter, near sea for summer
- only for those looking to self-cater
- parts of Web site are Greek-only
Check Rates from our Partners
The mauve-color Safeti, opened in 2005, is a most welcome addition to Dion, and Greece in general; inside, four gorgeous, modern apartments—one of which has a hot tub, another, a fireplace—make good use of chrome, light wood, ceramic tiles, and leather furniture, while two of the suites have a stunning view of Mt. Olympus. The suites (suitable for couples or groups of four) are also fully self-contained. An interesting sidelight is found downstairs, where guests can explore, and try their hand at, three workshops where traditional crafts and products, such as organic preserves, loom-made rugs, mosaics, and copper pots, are made. The price per night goes down for stays of more than one night. Pets are welcome.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more