- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- like your own island hideaway
- relatively expensive
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Agionissi Resort Review
If you ever fantasized about staying on a beautiful Greek islet location, just board the private boat that transports you from Ouranoupolis to the secluded isle of Amouliani, which has a village of 500 fishing families and this lovely resort, replete with restaurant, views of Mt. Athos, and nice rooms in bungalows that are modest and uncluttered, with white walls, dark wooden furniture, and traditional rugs. The restaurant has marvelous seafood and an impressive selection of wines from Halkidiki and Mt. Athos. The pool bar has a view of Mt. Athos from its terrace. The resort's three beaches have been awarded the European eco-label Blue Flag for water cleanliness. Half-board is probably better than going for full board, since it's more fun to sample the great seafood available in local tavernas.
- Address: 5-min boat ride from Ouranoupolis, 1½ km (1 mi) outside village, Amouliani, 63075 | Map It
- Phone: 23770/51102; 801/1155550 reservations
- Website: www.agionissiresort.com
- Location: Ouranoupolis
- 69 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.–mid-May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
Hi I am planning a 45 day holiday. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more