- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- like your own island hideaway
- relatively expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Agionissi Resort Review
If you ever fantasized about staying on a beautiful Greek islet location, just board the private boat that transports you from Ouranoupolis to the secluded isle of Amouliani, which has a village of 500 fishing families and this lovely resort, replete with restaurant, views of Mt. Athos, and nice rooms in bungalows that are modest and uncluttered, with white walls, dark wooden furniture, and traditional rugs. The restaurant has marvelous seafood and an impressive selection of wines from Halkidiki and Mt. Athos. The pool bar has a view of Mt. Athos from its terrace. The resort's three beaches have been awarded the European eco-label Blue Flag for water cleanliness. Half-board is probably better than going for full board, since it's more fun to sample the great seafood available in local tavernas.
- Address: 5-min boat ride from Ouranoupolis, 1½ km (1 mi) outside village, Amouliani, 63075 | Map It
- Phone: 23770/51102; 801/1155550 reservations
- Website: www.agionissiresort.com
- Location: Ouranoupolis
- 69 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.–mid-May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more