- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- good value for those on a budget
- service is personal, friendly, and helpful
- breakfast is not included (although guests can help themselves to coffee and biscuits in the reception area)
- very limited parking available
Check Rates from our Partners
Orestias Kastorias Review
Blink and you may miss this circa-1920 hotel on a quiet, narrow street leading from the top corner of the Roman Forum to Ayios Dimitrios church—but the rooms and the price are decent, and the location is great. The bathrooms can be tiny, but front rooms have balconies and views of the ancient ruins. Decor is bland (think Formica and woodlike vinyl flooring) and there's also no elevator in the three-story building.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more