- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Litochoro is 1½ hours by KTEL bus from Thessaloniki (every hour starting from 7:15 am from Thessaloniki, €8 one way, €14 round-trip). There are also hourly buses from nearby Katerini which take 30 minutes and four buses daily from Athens that stop at Litochoro. Buses stop in the central plateia square of Litochoro. For details of all KTEL buses going to and from Litochoro call 2310/595428.
Trains from Athens and Thessaloniki (1 hr) stop at Litochoro but the station is hard to access, about 5 km (3 mi) from the town, near the seaside and motorway. It is better to take the train to Katerini or to Larissa and then a bus from there. Depending on which way you decide to ascend Mount Olympus a taxi to Prionia, a tiny settlement 18 km (11 mi) from Litochoro, will cost you approximately €20.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe