Thessaloniki and Central Macedonia Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Thessaloniki and Central Macedonia Hotel Reviews
In the past, Thessaloniki's hotels were nothing to write home about, and were mostly geared to the needs of transient businesspeople, with little emphasis on capturing the spirit-of-place so appealing to tourists. Today, there are some more fetching options out there which we’ve hunted down. Selection of hotels throughout Northern Greece varies from exclusive seaside resorts in Chalkidiki to modest family-managed hostel-like housing on the slopes of Mt. Olympus to luxe outposts in Thessaloniki. Throughout the countryside, hotels are usually small, somewhat spartan affairs whose charm comes mainly from their surroundings. Note that some establishments, particularly in Chalkidiki, close for the winter (we've noted when it's otherwise); it is best to make arrangements ahead.
Browse Thessaloniki and Central Macedonia Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's