- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are few main official tourist offices for the Sporades. The closest you’ll come is the Skiathos Municipality agency. In lieu of official agencies, however, there are an array of private travel agencies, and these offer a myriad of services, tickets, car rentals, and guided tours.
CCL Tours (New port, Skiathos Town, Skiathos, 37002. 24270/22385 or 24270/21384. 24270/21136.)
Madro Travel. Because of owners Mahi and George Drossou's inviting personalities and impressively extensive knowledge of the island, this is the kind of travel agency most people wish existed on every island. Both with deep roots in Skopelos' own history, these two charismatic travel agents can offer quality suggestions for what to do—or avoid doing—during your time here. Local boat trips, ferry and hydrofoil tickets, exciting drives, and on-target tips on sites, restaurants, and memorable walks can be found at Madro, while their son Vaggelis can offer insights on the island's nightlife and more youth-oriented excursions. Old Harbor (next to Platanos Jazz Club), Skopelos town, 37003. 24240/22145. 24240/22941. www.madrotravel.com.
Skyros Travel (Agora, Skyros town, 34007. 22220/91123 or 22220/91600. 22220/92123. www.skyrostravel.com.)
Thalpos Holidays (Paralia Skopelou, Skopelos town, 37003. 24240/29036. www.holidayislands.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's