- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Carnival (February) traditions of Skopelos, although not as exotic as those of Skyros, parody the expulsion of the once-terrifying Barbary pirates.
August 15 is the Panayia (Festival of the Virgin), celebrated on Skyros at Magazia beach and on Skopelos in Skopelos town; its cultural events continue to late August.
Skiathos hosts cultural events in summer, including a dance festival in July.
Feast days? Skiathos: July 26, for St. Paraskevi; Skopelos: February 25, for St. Riginosi.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe