- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Skopelos was once a hub for a well-travelled, politically influential, and highly cultured society and a fascinating peek into that world is offered by a visit to this 19th-century mansion. Furnishings, precious icons, and quotidian antiques made locally as well as from around the world make this a fine showcase of the life and traditions of a local family of high standing, namely that of Andigoni Vakratsa. She, along with her father, was a doctor who offered free medical services to the poor. Head upstairs to view the living room (used only for very special occasions) where you can admire a traditional island engagement dress with its 4,000-pleat skirt.
- Address: A short walk up from Ambrosia sweet shop, Skopelos Town, Skopelos
- Cost: €3
- Hours: Daily, 10–2 and 7–10
- Location: Skopelos Town
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more