- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mouria Hotel and Taverna
At a Glance
- very cozy and friendly
- rooms overlooking Papadiamantis Street can be noisy during high season
Check Rates from our Partners
Mouria Hotel and Taverna Review
Located in the heart of the main town and a quality choice for budget travelers, Mouria first opened in 1830 as a delightful market and taverna—as you'll realize if you ask for a room overlooking the white bouganvillia-framed courtyard, where acclaimed author Papadiamantis once sat to write. Today a family-run hotel and restaurant managed by Greek-American Harriet Ioannou and her husband Yiannis, the Mouria offers clean, cool, and cheerful guest rooms ideal for pairs (or families: some can accommodate up to six people and have access to kitchen and laundry facilities). The reasonably priced taverna serves a plethora of delicious fish and seafood (brought in daily by Yiannis' boat) and traditional home-style dishes, plus some western-style foods such as chicken in roquefort sauce and hearty burgers.
- Address: Behind National Bank, Papadiamadis St., Skiathos Town, Skiathos 37002
- Phone: 24270/23069
- Location: Skiathos Town
- 12 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct–May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Hi all- I am a 26 year old female (unmarried, no kids) who frequents Greece (usually islands) just about every summer and I am looking for a new island to visit this September (first week of sept). Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more