- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mouria Hotel and Taverna
At a Glance
- very cozy and friendly
- rooms overlooking Papadiamantis Street can be noisy during high season
Check Rates from our Partners
Mouria Hotel and Taverna Review
Located in the heart of the main town and a quality choice for budget travelers, Mouria first opened in 1830 as a delightful market and taverna—as you'll realize if you ask for a room overlooking the white bouganvillia-framed courtyard, where acclaimed author Papadiamantis once sat to write. Today a family-run hotel and restaurant managed by Greek-American Harriet Ioannou and her husband Yiannis, the Mouria offers clean, cool, and cheerful guest rooms ideal for pairs (or families: some can accommodate up to six people and have access to kitchen and laundry facilities). The reasonably priced taverna serves a plethora of delicious fish and seafood (brought in daily by Yiannis' boat) and traditional home-style dishes, plus some western-style foods such as chicken in roquefort sauce and hearty burgers.
- Address: Behind National Bank, Papadiamadis St., Skiathos Town, Skiathos 37002
- Phone: 24270/23069
- Location: Skiathos Town
- 12 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct–May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
Hi I am planning a 45 day holiday. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more