- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mouria Hotel and Taverna
At a Glance
- very cozy and friendly
- rooms overlooking Papadiamantis Street can be noisy during high season
Check Rates from our Partners
Mouria Hotel and Taverna Review
Located in the heart of the main town and a quality choice for budget travelers, Mouria first opened in 1830 as a delightful market and taverna—as you'll realize if you ask for a room overlooking the white bouganvillia-framed courtyard, where acclaimed author Papadiamantis once sat to write. Today a family-run hotel and restaurant managed by Greek-American Harriet Ioannou and her husband Yiannis, the Mouria offers clean, cool, and cheerful guest rooms ideal for pairs (or families: some can accommodate up to six people and have access to kitchen and laundry facilities). The reasonably priced taverna serves a plethora of delicious fish and seafood (brought in daily by Yiannis' boat) and traditional home-style dishes, plus some western-style foods such as chicken in roquefort sauce and hearty burgers.
- Address: Behind National Bank, Papadiamadis St., Skiathos Town, Skiathos 37002
- Phone: 24270/23069
- Location: Skiathos Town
- 12 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct–May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
I will be arriving in Athens at 5:30pm, and I am staying in Piraeus because I will be taking an early ferry to Mykonos the next morning. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more