- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If what you are looking for is the ideal combination of a scenic landscape with facilities like water sports, nice refreshments and light meals, and sunbeds and umbrellas, then the world-renowned, picture perfect beach of Koukounaries is the place for you. Some call it "Golden Coast," after its fine, sparkling golden sand, but in high season, when boatloads of tourists land there you'll be lucky to find a free patch to sit on. This beautiful beach owes its name to the interesting surrounding forest of umbrella pines, which are almost watered by the waves. Enjoy a leisurely stroll behind the beach to Strofilia Lake, an impressive biotope where rare species of birds find shelter.
- Address: 4 km [2½ mi] northwest of Troullos, 12 km [8 mi] west of Skiathos town, Troullos, Skiathos 37002
- Location: Troullos
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more