- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Margetis Taverna Review
A vest-pocket taverna wedged in among shops on the main drag of the agora, Margetis is known locally as the best place for fish on the island. It's popular, so get here early (8–8:30 pm). Though fish and lobster are always pricey, they are worth it here, as is the roast pork loin, lamb, or goat chops. Try the flavorful barrel wine, sit outside under the big tree, and watch the folks walk by.
- Address: Agora, Skyros Town, Skyros 34007
- Phone: 22220/91311
- Location: Skyros Town
- No credit cards.
- No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Better late then never, I am finally trying to get my act together and sit down to write this trip report. Read more
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more