- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- harmonious atmosphere
- nearby supermarket
- friendly staff
- isolated, although the hotel mini-bus takes guests to town
- generic and dull room decor
An ideal place for enjoying a sense of privacy and restfulness, Alkistis is made up of very simple apartments that offer a feeling of staying at a friend's summer house. You'll spend quality time in the beautifully maintained garden, abundant with bouganvillea, aromatic herbs, lemon trees, and its new fruit and vegetable patch, now used to source the restaurant and its tasty, homemade-style fare. The enormous swimming pool, with its endearingly retro swim-up bar, invites you to lie around, under the shade of an olive tree, and read until sunset.
- Address: 2 km (1 mi) southeast of town on road to Stafilos, Skopelos Town, Skopelos 37003
- Phone: 24240/23006
- Location: Skopelos Town
- 25 apartments.
- Closed Oct.–May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
I need to travel between Mykonos and Santorini on the last Friday in May 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more