- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
O Stratos Review
This no-nonsense, no-decoration restaurant serves the best fish in Mytilini. No surprise, then, that waterfront tables are hard to come by, so plan to come early if you want to sit outside. Ask the genial staff for the catch of the day, or go into the kitchen to take a look at the sargoi (sea bream), tsipoures (dorado), or barbounia (red mullet) before making your pick. If fish is not what you're in the mood for, the barbecue chicken is a worthy substitute. Consider an accompanying wine from the island of Limnos.
- Address: Fanari quay, Mytilini, Lesbos 81100
- Phone: 22510/21739
- Location: Mytilini
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Hi all- I am a 26 year old female (unmarried, no kids) who frequents Greece (usually islands) just about every summer and I am looking for a new island to visit this September (first week of sept). Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more