- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Captain's Table Review
At the end of a quay, this wonderful taverna serves mouth-watering seafood caught on its own trawler, moored opposite. Try the special of the day or mix-and-match a series of small mezede dishes; best bets include aujuka (spicy eggplant slices) or the smoked mackerel with olives. Fresh fish may include red snapper, sea bream, lobster, and gilt, or spring for the Captain's Platter of assorted fish—it is easily satisfying for two. Owners Melinda and Theo (wonderful resources for visitors) also rent upscale houses a short walk away. Grab a seat early, as the Table gets busy quickly.
- Address: Molyvos harbor across from Ayios Nikolaos chapel, Molyvos, Lesbos 81108
- Phone: 22530/71241
- Location: Molyvos
- Credit cards accepted.
- Mid-Oct.–mid-Apr. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
If you had to choose between Crete and/or Rhodes or the Peloponnis which would be your choice? Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more