- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- simple exclusive beauty with wonderful home-grown food
- the real deal
- 10-minute drive from nearest beach
Check Rates from our Partners
Perleas Mansion Review
With its start back as an estate constructed by rich Genoese merchants in the 16th century, this house is a tough cousin to a "mansion," but today it is a striking blend of rough hewn stone, dramatic steel beams, and lovely medieval touches—including a Gothic-style stone water cistern—all surrounded by lovely gardens fragrant with orange blossom. Owners Vangelis and Claire Xydas have painstakingly restored the main house, from 1640, and two smaller buildings, which house guest rooms, all of which look out to the orchards and are filled with antique furnishings and the fragrance of jasmine. Common rooms have books and board games, and there are wonderful spots for walking, reading, and relaxing, especially in the gardens, where more than a thousand trees, mostly citrus, shade guests, who soon feel like aristocrats from a lost era.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
We will be going from Bodrum, Turkey to Rhodes, Greece by ferry. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more