- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ammos Plaz Review
Ammos Plaz serves what many locals consider the best traditional Greek food in Kokkari, and in an ideal location—smack on the beach. Expect the dishes to change daily, but you may find choices like lamb fricassee and stuffed kalamaria. The owner's father is a fisherman, and he brings his haul to the restaurant daily. Octopus in a sweet Samos wine sauce and grilled lobster are two favorites (but considerably more expensive than many selections on the menu).
- Address: Kokkari promenade, Kokkari, Samos 83100
- Phone: 22730/92463
- Location: Kokkari
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–Mar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
If you had to choose between Crete and/or Rhodes or the Peloponnis which would be your choice? Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more