- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Restaurant Café Mesconas
Restaurant Café Mesconas Review
A traditional Greek kitchen turns out the delicious food served on outdoor tables in the small village square, adjacent to Megas Taxiarchis. You dine surrounded by medieval homes and magical lights at night, but the setting is lovely even for a daytime coffee and relaxed conversation. The best dishes include rabbit stifado (stew), made with shallots, tomatoes, and olive oil; and pastitsio, a meat pie with macaroni and béchamel sauce. All of the recipes use local ingredients, with herbs and spices gathered from the region. Soyma is the local equivalent of ouzo but made from figs—it can be blindingly strong, up to 70% alcohol.
- Address: Main square, Mesta, Chios 82102
- Phone: 22710/76050
- Location: Mesta
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more