- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From Athens there are plenty of direct flights every day, which take 50 minutes and cost between €50 and €70 one-way.
There are one or two ferryboats that leave from Piraeus daily and take between 9 and 13 hours and cost €27–€37. These pass Chios on the way there and on the way back so there are regular links to this neighboring island (€13 and a three-hour trip). Several times a week there is a ferry from Thessaloniki to Lesbos, similarly priced as from Piraeus and taking up to 12 hours.
Lesbos's buses are infrequent, though there are several a day from Mytilini to Molyvos via Kalloni. The main bus station (22510/28873) is located on Konstantinopoleos Square in central Mytilini.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe