- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Transportation to the islands is constantly improving. Five of the Cyclades have airports, and the flight is short. But if you want to understand where you are, you really should travel by boat—after all, these are islands in the fabled Aegean, inhabited 5,000 years before Homer.
But remember that boat schedules depend on Poseidon's weather whims, and also on the tippling gods of holidays, when they adjust. If you come for Easter, better buy tickets to and from in advance. For details on getting to the Cyclades from mainland Greece, see the Getting Around section.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe