- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The village of Isternia (Cisterns) is verdant with lush gardens. Many of the marble plaques hung here over doorways - a specialty of Tinos - indicate the owner's profession, for example, a sailing ship for a fisherman or sea captain. A long, paved road winds down to a little port, Ayios Nikitas, with a beach and two fish tavernas; a small boat ferries people to Chora in good weather.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's