- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Greek Orthodox cathedral
Greek Orthodox cathedral Review
The Greek Orthodox cathedral was built in 1789 on the site of a church called Zoodochos Pigis (Life-giving Source). The cathedral was built from the materials of ancient temples: the solid granite pillars are said to be from the ruins of Delos. Amid the gold and the carved wood, there is a vividly colored iconostasis painted by a well-known iconographer of the Cretan school, Dimitrios Valvis, and the Gospel Book is believed to be a gift from Catherine the Great of Russia.
- Address: Bourgos, Naxos Town, Naxos 84300
- Location: Naxos Town
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
I know this is a long shot however, Im wondering if someone can offer up any advice?
My friend and I will be in Europe for about 3 month's, the main places we are going are
Barcelona, Ibiza, Nice France, Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more