Metaxi Mas Review
On a trellised lane by the harbor, Euripides and Marygo Tatsionas's restaurant, the best in Tinos, turns out to be no more expensive than a taverna. The name means "between us," and a friendly air prevails. The decor is traditional—pale stone walls and high stone arches—and the staff is welcoming. From starters to desserts, the food is homemade, but with an haute-Athenian flair. For a starter, try local artichokes in vinegar sauce or hot eggplant slices wrapped around cheese, mint, and green pepper. Among the main dishes, the spicy lamb cooked in paper is especially succulent; the calimari stuffed with cheese, tomatoes, and peppers is also exceptional. For dessert daughter Argyro's mille feuille is light and rich. With a fireplace in winter and an air-conditioner for summer, this place stays open year-round.
- Address: Kontogiorgi alley, Tinos Town, Tinos, 84200
- Phone: 22830/25945
- Location: Tinos Town
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
GREECE TRIP REPORT 2014 Every time I begin to plan a trip, it is like an unknown puzzle and sometimes it’s hard to know wh... Read more
Olympia, Delphi and Meteora We have always wanted to visit Olympia but there were so many great locations on the way we just never m... Read more