- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Metaxi Mas Review
On a trellised lane by the harbor, Euripides and Marygo Tatsionas's restaurant, the best in Tinos, turns out to be no more expensive than a taverna. The name means "between us," and a friendly air prevails. The decor is traditional—pale stone walls and high stone arches—and the staff is welcoming. From starters to desserts, the food is homemade, but with an haute-Athenian flair. For a starter, try local artichokes in vinegar sauce or hot eggplant slices wrapped around cheese, mint, and green pepper. Among the main dishes, the spicy lamb cooked in paper is especially succulent; the calimari stuffed with cheese, tomatoes, and peppers is also exceptional. For dessert daughter Argyro's mille feuille is light and rich. With a fireplace in winter and an air-conditioner for summer, this place stays open year-round.
- Address: Kontogiorgi alley, Tinos Town, Tinos 84200
- Phone: 22830/25945
- Location: Tinos Town
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more