- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Metaxi Mas Review
On a trellised lane by the harbor, Euripides and Marygo Tatsionas's restaurant, the best in Tinos, turns out to be no more expensive than a taverna. The name means "between us," and a friendly air prevails. The decor is traditional—pale stone walls and high stone arches—and the staff is welcoming. From starters to desserts, the food is homemade, but with an haute-Athenian flair. For a starter, try local artichokes in vinegar sauce or hot eggplant slices wrapped around cheese, mint, and green pepper. Among the main dishes, the spicy lamb cooked in paper is especially succulent; the calimari stuffed with cheese, tomatoes, and peppers is also exceptional. For dessert daughter Argyro's mille feuille is light and rich. With a fireplace in winter and an air-conditioner for summer, this place stays open year-round.
- Address: Kontogiorgi alley, Tinos Town, Tinos 84200
- Phone: 22830/25945
- Location: Tinos Town
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Better late then never, I am finally trying to get my act together and sit down to write this trip report. Read more
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more