- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- Vedema is not cheap, but you'll get what you're paying for all the room, food, and service, luxuries
- isolated from life, although a handy shuttle service ferries you to other parts of the island
Check Rates from our Partners
"Angelina Jolie, Oliver Stone, Susan Sarandon, Danny DeVito … and now you?" might be the question you'll be asking your mate in trying to win Santorini's hotel sweepstakes but you'll only want to rub elbows with those A-listers if you love isolation: the hotel's black-lava environs keep crowds and paparazzi at bay—but you, too, may truly enjoy the peace of this distant and deluxe outpost. A world unto itself, it was built up around a beautiful 15th-century winery. Trouble is, it kept expanding and expanding, and now tops out at 42 villas, almost like a "planned" gated community in Florida. Inside, the leitmotif is minimalism-meets-Mediterranean: SoHo stone tables below vintage island-style mirrors, with some guest rooms done in such shocking blues and pinks. You may soon be reaching for your Visine. Still, the old vaulted dining room is one of the prettiest on Santorini; the wine cellar, with its many valuable wines, is worth exploration (there are wine tastings nightly). The spacious suites all have marble bathrooms and terraces.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more