- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- drive to the door and avoid steps
- stylish design
- owner and manager Evangelia Mendrinos keeps it very comfortable and sparkling
- no caldera view
- few island touches
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Aressana Review
Though the Aressana lacks a view of the caldera, its own slant of sea view is effulgently wonderful—add in the large freshwater pool, the spacious lobby with Italian design and wood-panel bar, excellent service, gourmet food from the Koukoumavlos restaurant (including breakfast), and location in central Fira, and the sum total makes this a very popular option. The Aressana specializes in traditional wedding receptions and provides charming bridal suites—so don't be surprised by how many Americans honeymoon here. Renovated in 2007, this is a large full-service hotel, with no steps.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more