- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ornos, a lovely family beach, attracts Mykonians, and Lefteris Sikiniotis's beach taverna is where they eat, winter and summer, lunch and supper. The big lures here are the homey atmosphere, and Aegean cuisine freshly prepared. The numerous starters include round zucchini stuffed with seafood and rice, or fava with caper sauce. Continue with egg pasta with baby shrimp, dill, and carrots in an ouzo-cream sauce, or grilled octopus with chickpeas. The featured dessert is carrot cake, made by Lefteris's English wife Sharon, although few can resist the homemade ice cream. There is also a Thai menu and bakery.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We've been home for a while now but I thought I would post a belated trip report, partly to thank all those people whose advice I took, either directly or by reading their trip reports.
We are in our seventies, Read more
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
I'm down to these 2 locations for my visit to Santorini. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more