Nea Kameni Review
To peer into a live, sometimes smoldering volcano, join one of the popular excursions to Nea Kameni, the larger of the two Burnt isles. After disembarking, you hike 430 feet to the top and walk around the edge of the crater, wondering if the volcano is ready for its fifth eruption during the last hundred years—after all, the last was in 1956. Some tours continue on to Therassia, where there is a village. Tours (about €20) are scheduled regularly by.
Nomikos Travel. This agency handles a wide array of tickets. 22860/23660. 22860/23666. www.nomikosvillas.gr.
- Location: Fira
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
GREECE TRIP REPORT 2014 Every time I begin to plan a trip, it is like an unknown puzzle and sometimes it’s hard to know wh... Read more
Olympia, Delphi and Meteora We have always wanted to visit Olympia but there were so many great locations on the way we just never m... Read more