Greek-Canadian brothers Mike and George Gerovasilis have created a calm oasis a few streets in from the hustle and bustle of Kos harbor. A 150-year-old stone house provides cozy dining in cool months, and in summer, tables pepper a garden full of private nooks, fountains, and gentle music. The enormous menu lists Greek recipes, like zucchini pancakes and liver with oregano, side-by-side with much-heralded house creations that include figs wrapped in prosciutto and stuffed with blue cheese, or the shrimp sautéed with mushrooms in ouzo. Servings are generous, and the service tends to be informal yet gracious.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's