Rhodes and the Dodecanese Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Medieval Magic: As much as sun and sand, the monuments built by the Knights of St. John some 700 years ago are what draw visitors to Rhodes—no more so than its walled-in Old Town, a remarkably well-preserved and photogenic testimony to the Crusader past.
Healing Hippocrates: Kos's site of ancient healing, the Asklepieion, was the renowned medical school founded by Hippocrates, father of Western medicine.
Natural Wonders: The terrain yields butterflies (Rhodes), hot sea springs (Kos), countless coves (Patmos), and mountain paths (Symi).
St John's Patmos: Called the "Jerusalem of the Aegean," Patmos is as peaceful as it was when the Apostle John glimpsed the Apocalypse in his cave here—the spiritual mystique of this little island is still strong.Updated: 01-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's