- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you have trouble reaching a site—for example, there is no public transportation to Ancient Messene—take a taxi from a town's main square, which is always near the bus station. In rural areas drivers don't usually speak English, though they will often find someone near the taxi stand who does to help you negotiate the ride.
In rural areas drivers may not switch on the meter if the destination has a fixed price, but make sure you agree on the cost before getting in. When leaving town limits, the driver may switch his meter to the higher rate (Tarifa 2).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's