- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you have trouble reaching a site—for example, there is no public transportation to Ancient Messene—take a taxi from a town's main square, which is always near the bus station.
In rural areas drivers may not switch on the meter if the destination has a fixed price, but make sure you agree on the cost before getting in. When leaving town limits, the driver may switch his meter to the higher rate (Tarifa 2).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe