- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The two airports in the Peloponnese are the small fields outside Patras and Kalamata. Neither are terribly well served, though Olympic Airlines offers daily one-hour flights from Athens to Kalamata's airport, 10½ km (6½ mi) outside town near Messinia. Sky Express flies twice weekly from Heraklion in Crete to Araxos airport outside Patras, 40 km (25 mi) south, and three times a week to Kalamata. Both airports also handle charter flights to and from northern Europe in summer.
Araxos Airport (26930/23598. www.araxos-airport.com.)
Kalamata Airport (27210/63805.)
Sky Express (2810/223800. www.skyexpress.gr.)
Aegean Airlines (210/626-1700 Athens reservations line. en.aegeanair.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe