- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Olympia has big-ticket gold jewelry, as do the stores around Constitution Square in Nafplion, but the gifts beyond price in this region are really the folk crafts, usually found in the smaller villages. With a bit of poking around, you can find outstanding examples of strikingly colored old weavings, especially tagaria (shepherd's shoulder bags), which command a higher price than the newer versions. They make wonderful wall hangings.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe