- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- extremely atmospheric surroundings
- pretty garden
- steep steps to reach some rooms
- ladders to sleeping lofts in some rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Kapetanakos Tower Review
This traditional stone tower, dating from 1826, is a simple but atmospheric place to get into the spirit of the Mani, with five whitewashed rooms, two with sleeping lofts, in the tower and reached by ladderlike stairs. Two others are in a stone outbuilding. Several are set up for families, and all have homey wood furniture and locally crafted rugs. An excellent breakfast is served in a pretty garden in warm weather.
- Address: Near Archangels church at edge of town, Areopolis, 23062
- Phone: 27330/51233
- Location: Areopolis
- 7 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Hi all- I am a 26 year old female (unmarried, no kids) who frequents Greece (usually islands) just about every summer and I am looking for a new island to visit this September (first week of sept). Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more