- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- extremely atmospheric surroundings
- pretty garden
- steep steps to reach some rooms
- ladders to sleeping lofts in some rooms
Kapetanakos Tower Review
This traditional stone tower, dating from 1826, is a simple but atmospheric place to get into the spirit of the Mani, with five whitewashed rooms, two with sleeping lofts, in the tower and reached by ladderlike stairs. Two others are in a stone outbuilding. Several are set up for families, and all have homey wood furniture and locally crafted rugs. An excellent breakfast is served in a pretty garden in warm weather.
- Address: Near Archangels church at edge of town, Areopolis, 23062
- Phone: 27330/51233
- Location: Areopolis
- 7 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
Hi, my fiancé and i are going to Mykonos and Santorini for our honeymoon in June 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more