- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- airy rooms
- handy for visiting the Temple of Apollo
- within easy walking distance of village center
- basic and old-fashioned
Check Rates from our Partners
Theoxenia Hotel Review
This serviceable stopover point for an early-morning visit to the Temple of Apollo at Bassae is geared only to basic comfort, but the old-fashioned rooms are large and offer vistas of mountains and woods. The hotel serves lunch and dinner in summer, but you're much better off at one of the eateries surrounding Andritsena's main square.
- Address: Andritisena, on main road on edge of village as you enter from Karitena, Bassae, 27061
- Phone: 26260/22219
- Location: Temple of Apollo at Bassae
- 28 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Nov.–Feb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Better late then never, I am finally trying to get my act together and sit down to write this trip report. Read more
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
How much time should we allow between landing in Athens on a flight from JFK and booking a flight out to Crete? Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more