- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The sloping streets heading up to the Kastro are the setting for this oinopoleia, or wineshop, which sells wine from barrels to a loyal clientele and serves simple but excellent fare. The rustic taverna room and rear garden are the places to sample delicacies like the spicy sausage meatballs known as soutzoukakia or rabbit braised with white wine and rosemary.
- Address: Pandokratoros 57, Patras, 26223
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Patras
- No credit cards.
- Closed last 2 wks of Aug. No lunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
While this topic involves choosing a cruise itinerary, my question isn/'t about the ships but about the European destinations. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more