- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Paleo Archontiko Review
Seating here is in the ground floor of an old stone mansion or on the narrow street in front. Tassos Koliopoulos and his wife, Anya, oversee the ever-changing menu, which highlights good home cooking, such as beef stifado (stew slow-cooked with tomatoes and small onions) and krassato (rooster in wine sauce). It's not unusual for a musician to wander by and serenade the diners, another reason the place is wildly popular with locals (it's best to reserve on weekends and in high season).
- Address: Siokou and Ipsilantou, behind Commercial Bank, 1 block from Epidauros hotel Nafplion, 21100
- Phone: 27520/22449
- Location: Nafplion
- No credit cards.
- No lunch in winter.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
I need to travel between Mykonos and Santorini on the last Friday in May 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more