- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This spot about 2 km (1 mi) east of Mystras, on the road to Sparta, is known for excellent chicken dishes. After a meal in the rustic dining room or on the terrace, take a stroll around the village for an unimpeded view of the Taygettus mountain range. You can sip an after-dinner coffee or ouzo in one of the tavernas in the main square, where waterfalls rush down a cliff face.
- Address: Off village square, Parori, 23100
- Phone: 27310/83346
- Location: Mystras
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
I need to travel between Mykonos and Santorini on the last Friday in May 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more