- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Arvanitia beach Review
Arvanitia beach is not really a beach but a seaside perch made of smooth rocks and concrete platforms and backed by fragrant pines. This is a good place for a quick plunge after a day of sightseeing. You can walk to Arvanitia by following the seaside promenade that hugs the cliffs beneath the Acronafplia south of town, and, if you're up for a hike, from there follow a dirt track along the coastline past several coves that are nice for swimming all the way to Karathona.
- Address: South side of town, between Acronafplia and the Palamidi, Nafplion, 21100
- Location: Nafplion
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Hello fellow Fodorites! Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more