- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
St. Andrew's Cathedral
St. Andrew's Cathedral Review
St. Andrew's Cathedral dates from the early 20th century but is built next to a spring that's been used for thousands of years. In antiquity, the waters were thought to have prophetic powers. The church is one of the largest in Greece and an important pilgrimage sight—the cavernous interior houses the head of St. Andrew, who spread Christianity throughout Greece and was crucified in Patras in AD 60.
- Address: At end of Trion Navarhon at western edge of city center, Patras, 26001
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Daily 8–8
- Location: Patras
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more