- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The fishermen's quarter is a small district of narrow, alleylike streets running between cramped little houses that huddle beneath the walls of Acronafplia. The old houses, painted in brownish yellow, green, and salmon red, are embellished with additions and overhangs in eclectic styles. The walk is enjoyable, but keep a low profile to respect the privacy of the locals.
Ayios Apostoli. The pretty, miniature whitewashed chapel of Ayios Apostoli, perched near the top of the neighborhood, has six small springs that trickle out of the side of Acronafplia. Off parking lot of Psaromachalas, 21100.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
I am trying to plan a trip to Greece with a stop in Turkey and Italy- I am going May12 landing in Athens May 13,2014 and returning to USA June 2,2014. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more