- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ancient Olympia, with the Sanctuary of Zeus, was the site of the ancient Olympic Games. Located at the foot of the pine-covered Kronion hill, and set in a valley near two rivers, today it is one of the most popular sites in Greece. Modern Olympia, an attractive mountain town surrounded by pleasant hilly countryside, has hotels and tavernas, convenient for visitors to the ancient site.
Olympia at a Glance
Elsewhere in Peloponnese
- Ancient Corinth
- Ancient Messene
- Ancient Nemea
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's