- Ancient Ruins A to Z Some of Greece's greatest classical ruins, including Corinth, Mycenae, and Olympia, are packed into this region.
- Nafplion Grace The favorite Greek city of many seasoned travelers has a magnificent setting on the gulf of Argos, imposing remains, an animated waterfront, and street after street of old houses, churches, and mosques.
- Majestic Mani True connoisseurs of Greece flaunt the fact that they've traveled to this far-from-the-madding-crowds region, famed for its silent villages, stark landscapes, and feeling of mystery.
- High Drama The theater at Epidauros, the setting for a highly acclaimed drama festival, still claims acoustics so perfect that every word can be heard—even from the very last of its 55 tiers.
- Byzantine Glory Two remarkable strongholds, Mystras and Monemvasia, display the region's Byzantine legacy.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More