- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ioannina is a 70-minute flight from Athens and a 50-minute flight from Thessaloniki. From June through August, Olympic Airlines usually has two or three flights daily from Athens to Ioannina. About nine buses a day make the seven-hour trip from Athens' Terminal A (Kifissou) to Ioannina's main Zosimadon station. From Athens' miserable Terminal B (Liossion), seven buses leave daily for the five-hour journey to Kalambaka (Meteora). Most routes require you to hop on a different bus for the final leg from Trikala, but one morning bus goes direct. Around three KTEL buses leave Ioannina daily for Metsovo (about one hour) and two buses for Kalambaka (two hours); frequencies are the same in the opposite direction.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's