- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Travelers in search of wild and romantic country will be more than delighted with these two regions of northern Greece. In the markedly Balkan region of Epirus, the route east from Ioannina leads to the thriving traditional village of Metsovo and over the Katara pass on one of the most dramatic roads in Greece. Westward lies the fertile province of Thessaly, where spectacular rock-pinnacle monasteries are shadowed by the Pindos, Plion, and Olympus mountain ranges.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe